Your online resource for healthcare regulations
Welcome to HIPAA Simplified
Welcome to HIPAA Simplified, the Change Healthcare one-stop portal for insight and guidance into healthcare administrative simplification regulations, timelines, program updates, and other initiatives at the forefront of the healthcare industry.
Change Healthcare recognizes the challenges of compliance mandates, and as an industry leader, we are committed to helping our healthcare partners seamlessly navigate the path to compliance. The Change Healthcare Commitment to Compliance provides assurance to our customers that applicable Change Healthcare products and services meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
Bookmark HIPAA Simplified and check back often.
- Benefit Enrollment
- Claim Status
- Claims / Encounters
- Eligibility / Benefits
- ERA / EFT
- Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment
- Referral / Priority Authorization
News & Updates
No Surprises Act
- Part I Interim Final Rule Protects individuals from surprise medical bills for emergency services, air ambulance services provided by out-of-network providers, and non-emergency services provided by out-of-network providers at in-network facilities in certain circumstances.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Reporting Requirements Regarding Air Ambulance Services, Agent and Broker Disclosures, and Provider Enforcement.
- Part II Interim Final Rule Outlines the federal independent dispute resolution process, good faith estimate requirements for uninsured (or self-pay) individuals, patient-provider dispute resolution processes for uninsured (or self-pay) individuals, and external review provisions.
- No Surprises Act Overview and Solutions
ONC and CMS Publish Interoperability Final RulesOn May 1, 2020, the ONC 21st Century Cures Act Interoperability, Information Blocking, and Health IT Certification Final Rule and the CMS Interoperability and Patient Access Final Rule were published in the Federal Register. See our Change Healthcare Regulatory and Standards Quarterly Update, on this page, for details.